- 1 What are the top 2 sources of greenhouse gases?
- 2 What is the greatest greenhouse gas on Earth?
- 3 Which industry contributes most to global warming?
- 4 What are three major sources of greenhouse gasses?
- 5 Which is not a greenhouse gas?
- 6 What percentage of CO2 is man made?
- 7 Who is responsible for global warming?
- 8 What is biggest cause of global warming?
- 9 Which is the most polluting industry?
- 10 What are three greenhouse gasses other than Co₂?
- 11 What is the lowest source of carbon emission of your family?
What are the top 2 sources of greenhouse gases?
Global Emissions by Economic Sector Electricity and Heat Production (25% of 2010 global greenhouse gas emissions): The burning of coal, natural gas, and oil for electricity and heat is the largest single source of global greenhouse gas emissions.
What is the greatest greenhouse gas on Earth?
The most abundant greenhouse gas overall, water vapor differs from other greenhouse gases in that changes in its atmospheric concentrations are linked not to human activities directly, but rather to the warming that results from the other greenhouse gases we emit. Warmer air holds more water.
Which industry contributes most to global warming?
- Transportation (29 percent of 2019 greenhouse gas emissions) – The transportation sector generates the largest share of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Electricity production (25 percent of 2019 greenhouse gas emissions) – Electricity production generates the second largest share of greenhouse gas emissions.
What are three major sources of greenhouse gasses?
In the United States, most of the emissions of human-caused (anthropogenic) greenhouse gases (GHG) come primarily from burning fossil fuels—coal, natural gas, and petroleum —for energy use.
Which is not a greenhouse gas?
The various greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, methane, chlorofluorocarbon, ozone, nitrous oxide, and water vapor. Hence the gas which is not a greenhouse gas is nitrogen and the correct answer for the given question is option d).
What percentage of CO2 is man made?
I am often asked how carbon dioxide can have an important effect on global climate when its concentration is so small – just 0.041 percent of Earth’s atmosphere. And human activities are responsible for just 32 percent of that amount. I study the importance of atmospheric gases for air pollution and climate change.
Who is responsible for global warming?
Most come from the combustion of fossil fuels in cars, buildings, factories, and power plants. The gas responsible for the most warming is carbon dioxide, or CO2.
What is biggest cause of global warming?
Humans are increasingly influencing the climate and the earth’s temperature by burning fossil fuels, cutting down forests and farming livestock. This adds enormous amounts of greenhouse gases to those naturally occurring in the atmosphere, increasing the greenhouse effect and global warming.
Which is the most polluting industry?
1. Fuel industry. One reason the fuel industry is causing so much harm is because we rely on energy and fuel for everyday tasks, from small things like charging our phones to big things like long-haul flights. We also need coal and oil to make products such as medicines and plastics.
What are three greenhouse gasses other than Co₂?
While CO2 accounts for more than 80% of U.S. emissions, many other different greenhouse gases are emitted. Methane, nitrous oxide, and high global warming potential (GWP) gases account for the other nearly 20% of the total.
What is the lowest source of carbon emission of your family?
Answer: Compressed natural gas is a low source of carbon dioxide emission.